Sunday 23 September 2012

Summer 2012. Back home in Stromness.

 Back at home in Stromness
We had a nice sail from Inverness to Kirkwall, and we arrived in Orkney on 31st of August. But , then we had to wait for a suitable weather to bring Escapade back to its berth in Stromness. This weekend was a good chance before the next gale force winds stating tomorrow. So we sailed from Kirkwall marina to Long Hope, spent the night there and then motored the next day to Stromness.

During this summer, I was able to handle the boat all the way in Caledonian Canal. In Some of the locks, Sean was ashore and I was on board all by myself while Sean was helping the Canal personel with the ropes, and it was exciting and lots of fun.
I have also made the passage plan and was the skipper for the first time while coming back home to Stromness from Long Hope. So, I gained some more confidence this year and it is more enjoyable when I am more involved. I am hoping to improve my sailing skills in the future.

Seaport Marina, Inverness.

Long Hope Visitor Moorings

Stromness view from Scorradale

Greamsay and Hoy behind it from Scorradale




No comments:

Post a Comment